Skip to main content

My Favourite Memories from Gigs


My Favourite Memories from Gigs

(All of these photos and videos were taken by me and are my own personal videos)


With the news that concerts may be returning from 21st of June, I got myself some tickets booked, in the hopes that I may get to do some gig reviews! This got me thinking back to all the concerts I've been to before, so I've decided to share some of my favourite memories and experiences from gigs!


1. Remington Leith Concerning the Health and Safety Officials!


I went to see Palaye Royale at Shepherd's Bush O2 Empire on the 21st February 2020. It was the most exciting concert I've ever been to, and it ended with frontman Remington Leith climbing up onto the balcony and hanging upside down! I was lucky enough to meet the band at their pop-up shop the next day, and Remington told me his mum wasn't impressed with the danger he was putting himself in! 



2. Awsten Knight's Superpower


On the 1st of February 2020, I had VIP tickets to see Waterparks in the Electric Ballroom, Camden. This included some merch, a meet and greet and photo with the band and a Q&A. During the Q&A, Waterparks were asked what their superpower would be if they were superheroes. Awsten answered with this - the power to make anyone shit their pants when he wanted. I have asked many people this question and have never come across this answer anywhere else!



3. My first Bastille Concert


Bastille were the first band obsession I had, so you can imagine how excited I was to see them live for the first time and to have frontman Dan Smith walk right next to me in the audience! Note: This is me wearing a bright yellow poncho and screaming "I touched his arm!" very excitedly. Exposing myself as a huge fangirl here! (28th July 2018 - Scarborough Open Air Theatre)



4. Meeting Will Joseph Cook


I went to see Will Joseph Cook at The Bodega, Nottingham on 14th September 2019 and managed to get a selfie and an autograph from him after my (now ex) boyfriend kicked Will's beer over whilst climbing over the stage to get to the toilets! (Sorry Will) 



5. Palaye In The Park


I was lucky enough to see one of Palaye Royale's outdoor acoustic sets in London. They posted on their story that they were going to do it so I turned up! It was a lovely experience to get to sit and sing along with Remington - even though it was a really windy day!



6. Shouting at Dan Smith


Another Bastille concert, this time at Brighton Centre - 1st February 2019. I took advantage of a quiet moment between songs to shout "I love you Dan!" and got a response! 



7. "Chubby Guys Singing Sad Songs"


Lewis Capaldi supported Bastille at this gig. He had just started taking off with his song 'Someone You Loved' and was absolutely hilarious and fantastic at engaging the audience! "If you are a fan of chubby guys singing sad songs, you're in for a fucking treat!" It's also great that he has a song called 'Grace' which he sang, which I of course love! 




8. High Vis For Fashion, Not Safety 

My first ever arena gig - Fall Out Boy MANIA Tour - Birmingham Arena - 27th March 2018. Two sections of the stage came away to be floating platforms, one with Patrick Stump and Pete Wentz, the other with Joe Trohman and Andy Hurley. Pete Wentz wore a high-vis jacket, which I remember him saying was for fashion, not safety! 



9. Cavetown


I went to see Cavetown at Epic Studios in Norwich on the 3rd of December 2019. There have been times when I've been scared for my safety at concerts - I'm not gonna lie - but Cavetown wasn't one of them. In a room full of love, Robbie delivered all the Cavetown hits, it was a beautiful, friendly, musical experience! 



With tickets for The Hella Mega Tour (Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer) booked for the end of June, I can only keep my fingers crossed that the 21st is a realistic date!




 





Comments

  1. omg! thank you for sharing these videos and stories! it really made me nostalgic (in a good way), and loved hearing you cheering on and shouting «i love u» 😂❤️

    xoxo
    beatrix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beatrix! Fingers crossed gigs will be back this summer! :) x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Skinner Brothers - 'Iconic' EP Review

  The Skinner Brothers - 'Iconic' EP Review Tomorrow (Friday 7th May 2021) sees The Skinner Brothers drop their new EP 'Iconic'!  As their Spotify bio says, "The Skinner Brothers don't fuck about" and this 4-track EP backs up this claim! The EP explodes into action with two new tracks and two previously released singles - but with a twist. First up, the title track 'Iconic' starts with Zac Skinner's vocals and a guitar - then the beat comes in hard and we're rockin'! This is an amazing start, a track full of swag and attitude and will get the crowd chanting along "Iconic" in the build up to the final chorus. 'Iconic' is for winning the game with success against all odds "Get on it, step on it, subsonic, iconic." The second, and other brand new track is 'M.O.R.E', heavier than 'Iconic', it starts small and grows into an anthem oozing with self confidence. 'M.O.R.E' mentions getting up m

Greysha - 'Gold Glaze' Single Review

  19 year old, Shropshire based singer/songwriter Greysha released 'Gold Glaze' on 20th October.  A beautiful and reflective song about looking back at key events in your life. Told from the perspective of growing up it touches on lots of subjects many teenagers will recognise in themselves, not wanting to be in class, rebellious piercings, also however the more serious and poignant subjects of family and looking back at happier times.  As a subscriber to her mailing list from back when I bought the CD of her previous single 'Aspirin' , Greysha said of 'Gold Glaze' on release "I have poured my soul and a little part of who I am into this" The inflection and emotion she puts into the vocals literally make you feel this is true. A track with layered harmonies and cinematic strings, you smile and you even sing along to the "Gold Glaze" part but you also feel Greysha's pain at times..."Tell the darkness to stay back another day"  Gr

'Salem II' EP Review

  'Salem II' EP Review Grace Calver Salem are front-vamp Will Gould (also of the band Creeper) and guitarist Matthew Reynolds, they burst onto the scene with The Apathy Ball and the release of their debut single 'Destroy Me' last year. Today (Friday 7th May) they release their second EP titled 'Salem II'. One of the main things I love about them and this EP is the imagery created with the lyrics and music. The lexical fields of vampires, love and darkness that can be found through all of the songs, paired with the gothic, theatrical and punky sound.  There is an eerie start to this EP with the introduction of the first track; 'William, It Was Really Nothing' before the punchy guitars explode in. A nod to The Smiths' 'William, It Was Really Nothing', this song is a theatrical masterpiece - with dominating vocals supported by a stunning, gothic choir and powerful guitars. This contrasts beautifully with the gentle bell, piano and wind chime sou